These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website. In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan). Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our service/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
You must be an adult of at least 18 years of age to use this website (21 in some jurisdictions). By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age (21 in some jurisdictions).
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
- Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years (21 in some jurisdictions). By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age (21 in some jurisdictions).
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we undertake to fulfil your order at the price listed at the time you ordered.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to meta tag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your meta tag or mirroring of our website.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) reserves the right to restrict access to areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s discretion.
If Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) may disable your user ID and password in Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) has no control over the contents of third party websites, and Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- If you would like Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) using the contact details here. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
- Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) welcomes links to this website made in accordance with the terms of this linking policy.
- By using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this linking policy.
- Links pointing to this website should not be misleading.
- Appropriate link text should be always be used.
- You must not use the Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) logo to link to this website (or otherwise) without Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s express written permission.
- You must not link to this website using any inline linking technique.
- You must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame (or use any similar technology) or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other content and materials.
- You may link our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense.
- You agree that, should Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
- Changes to this linking policy: Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) may amend this linking policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website.
- Should you have any questions about this linking policy, please contact Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) using the details here.
Intellectual Property Rights – Copyright © “1985 – 2015” Alex Rowan – Leon Aleksander Rowan
- The copyright to all content on this website including without limitation the applets, computer code, artwork, photographs, graphics, images, layouts, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material and text belongs to us, or we have a licence to use those materials from their respective licensors.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments. See User Content section below for additional clarification, terms and conditions.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
- View this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser.
- Copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory.
- Print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s express written consent.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to us via email or post using the details on this page.
Enforcement of copyright
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) takes the protection of its copyright very seriously.
If Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by writing to us via email or post using the details on this page.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this by writing to us via email or post using the details on this page.
Anti Spam Policy
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s Anti Spam Policy is here.
Disclosure Policy (Endorsement Policy)
The terms on this page also apply.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s express written consent.
Disclaimers & Warranties
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial, medical or other matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
- Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either implied or express, including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
- Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
- those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are indeed defective then:-
- We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
- Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
- Rrecompense you (wholly or partly) if they are defective.
- As a consumer according to the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
- If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
- If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
The terms on this page also apply.
Limitation of Liability
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We do not accept liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- Alex Rowan will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Alex Rowan’s liability in respect of any:
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan); or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website, and also including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s legal advisers incurred or suffered by Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) may take such action as Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan) may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Leon Aleksander Rowan (Alex Rowan)’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Queensland and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Alex Rowan’s Details
The full name of Alex Rowan is Leon Aleksander Raven Rowan.
Alex Rowan is a also Business Name registered in Australia.
Regulator: Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
The holder of the Business Name is Leon Aleksander Raven Rowan. Holder Type: Person.
ABN: 97 168 167 854
Alex Rowan’s registered business address is number 4 Harneil Place, Carrara, Queensland 4211, Australia.
Alex Rowan’s postal address is: PO Box 9303, Gold Coast Mail Centre, Queensland 9726, Australia.
Alex Rowan’s street address for courier deliveries is: 4 Harneil Place, Carrara, Queensland 4211, Australia.
You can contact Alex Rowan by email to alex AT alexrowan.com.
You can contact Alex Rowan by phone: 0421 27 28 29. From outside Australia: +61 421 27 28 29.
More contact details are listed here.
Get my newsletter
Please don't miss out. Get my latest content by email.